More and more foils are being used in the various technical areas, which have to meet the most diverse requirements.
For manufacturing and further processing, precisely defined roughness and/or textures may have to be achieved in order to:
- Minimise air inclusions between the individual foil layers
- Exclude telescopic tendencies of the winding as far as possible
- Produce sufficient winding hardness
- To emboss haptic surface properties
- Matt defined optical surfaces
Solutions have been developed for demanding applications where materials with different properties than the useful width of the foil are used in the foil/neck area.